Rainbow as Sign

Rainbow as Sign

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Psychological Healing

Back in March / April, I was undergoing a period of spiritual healing. I recalled that mind could not function properly. It was then when I made a big mistake choosing a piano exam song for one of my lower-graded students. Each student sitting for the practical test has to play 3 songs, and the songs are listed as such: a choice of 3 songs for the 1st piece, known as list A, 3 songs for the 2nd piece known as list B and 3 songs for the 3rd piece, known as list C. We are to choose a song from each list. When I chose the 3rd song for this kid, I made a big error and taught her 2 songs from list B instead. I didn't realise my mistake until about 4 months later.....3 days before her exam was scheduled!

Panic and pandemonium! 2 words to describe the situation. I phoned her mum asking her to come back to my place as there's an exam emergency. She heard the word emergency but did not catch the word exam. Her husband thought his daughter was bitten by my dog and drove to my place like Michael Schumacher. The girl herself was crying in my studio and I was pacing around in circles. Mr. Caveman tried to calm me down but to no avail. I've no doubt he very thankfully escaped to prayer meeting that day!

To cut a long story short, the girl adamantly insisted on sitting for the exam, so I had to teach her a new song in 3 days ( an almost impossible feat, bearing in mind that the normally lazy gal usually takes about 2 months to perfect a song ). A lot of stress and prayers later, she sat for the exam. When I received the exam results yesterday, to my great relief, she miraculously passed.

I have learned a lesson from this episode. Mr. Caveman pointed out to me that God allowed this to happen, to show that He is with me always. I can always rely on Him, and do not have to strive with my own limited strength and resources. All there is for me to do is to let go and put everything in His hands, and He'll carry all my burdens for me. From this incident, I will be able to testify how God works, and to glorify Him. And also from the stress, worry and inner turmoil I've undergone, together with other problems I'm facing now, another stage of healing has begun.

And now, from spiritual healing to psychological healing.........

No comments:

Post a Comment