Rainbow as Sign

Rainbow as Sign

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Faith of a Child

I love to play with peoples' faces. Not literally, of course. Just give me a photo of a person and voila! I'm in my playground. Superimposing is one of my hobbies. Just ask the long-suffering Mr. Caveman. He has been turned into Wolverine, Rambo, a toilet-sitting thinker ala Rodin, and even became green when I turned him into Shrek. Of course, if I post one of my 'artistic creations' of him here, I have no doubt that the normally placid grunting and groaning caveman will turn into a roaring grizzly bear.

I once asked my nephews and nieces which of their favourite characters they would like me to turn them into. One said he would like to be Prince Caspian, another a Barbie princess. When it was the turn of my 5 year old nephew, he looked up at me innocently, and said he would like to be Jesus. I solemnly asked him why. He replied that Jesus is a hero.

Just like that. Jesus is a hero. And yet in that simple statement, love and unquestioning adoration shone in his eyes. That is the simple and yet wonderful faith of a child. They do not need evidences to believe. They do not need testimonies to believe. They do not need to see to believe. They just believe. A pure, unadulterated faith that comes straight from the heart.

It is beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. I prayed I also have a simple and pure faith. Your nephew very blessed, same like you, have the faith like a child. :) Just believe!

    ReplyDelete