Rainbow as Sign

Rainbow as Sign

Friday, July 30, 2010

Father Knows Best

Just thought I'd share this, with the hope that it will help other brethrens who are undergoing the same circumstances ( road blocks ) in their spiritual journey.

Satan always uses the one closest to us to attack us, hurt us and pull us down. I notice this is one of his frequently used methods. To cut a long story short, as I'm in no mood to be eloquent tonight, this was what happened to me a few days ago.

As I mentioned in my previous post, my spiritual attack always commences when my physical body is weak. After a bout of diarrhoea and flu, I was feeling very down. At the same time, the person closest to me had a spiritual attack. As we were both weak at that time, whatever verbal attacks hurled were acutely felt. And this brought us down even lower. Circumstances which we have no control over pushed us even further down the brink. At that time, my feelings were in turmoil. I was hurt, angry and confused. I felt betrayed and very disappointed by his lack of support and complaints over an event which was important to me, and took his criticisms personally.

This lasted a few days, and I knew it should not continue. My mind was going haywire, and that was when I decided to seek out my Father and ask Him what to do. He alone knows how I feel without my having to go through all sorts of elaborate explanations. I got His answer about half an hour later, when I was involved in an activity which forced me to shift my mind away from my problems -- hint : think toilet. The answer came forcefully into my mind.

"Focus on the important internal matters, and not on small external matters"

The elaboration appeared almost immediately in my mind. The focus should be on the fact that external matters like disagreement, insupportiveness and general irritation do not remove the absolute fact that God is the one who put us together, for us to be spiritual travel mates. We are to complete and compliment each other, and to remind one another to hold on to the promises whenever we are under attack. Our feelings do not change even though Satan and his minions try to manipulate the situation.

The answer is so simple, and yet in stressful times, we lose our perspectives. We tend to magnify each others' faults, nurse our hurts and grievances. Our problems intensify and looms before us ominously.

My spirit lightened almost immediately. At the risk of sounding cliche, Father indeed knows best!

No comments:

Post a Comment