Rainbow as Sign

Rainbow as Sign

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Path of Fire

I have been feeling lethargic lately. Since my baptism, I was hit by diarrhoea that lasted about 4 days, to be followed almost immediately by a bout of flu. To cap it all, even before my physical attacks ceased, I was hit spiritually a couple of days ago, which incidentally is still ongoing as I type this. I even had a nightmare, of me with two beautiful and identical looking spirits, which I instinctively knew as one being evil and the other good. I was battling the evil one while the good one looked on....only to find out that the good spirit was actually evil as well. I woke up feeling irrationally frightened.

Which brings me back to the vision I had when I first joined CLCP. Between a dreamlike state and partial-waking stage, I saw two roads forked out before me, with a big bonfire in front of me. I knew that if I were to take the road on the left, the rewards would be great. But that road is burning with unquenchable fire, and I will suffer from first degree burns that I might not recover from. A voice kept telling me to take the road on the right. Douse out the bonfire in front of you, the voice said. The road was cold, and I'd be fine.

Well, I guess I have chosen. I have been under attack relentlessly for the past six months. Spiritually -- spiritual attacks usually occured when my physical body was at its lowest ebb ( insomnia, sickness ), and reduced me to a mass of quivering and snivelling jelly. Psychologically -- uncalled for personal attacks by a third party and my aunt / godmother's medical emergencies. Physically -- I keep getting sick these past 6 months. For the record, I am normally a very healthy person. My friends akin my health to that of a German tank.

I believe God will not put me through all these troubles if it is beyond my endurance. At times, I really, truly and honestly would love to revert back to my old habit and bellow : WHY ME!! But He knows what He's doing, so I'll just have to accept whatever comes my way, but not without a shrug of resignation. I'll probably squeeze out a rueful grin if I can manage it.

Out of all these, the Holy Spirit within me speaks louder than ever these days. At times when I pose questions to God, the answers suddenly pop into my head with the clarity of words written in bold letters. My spirit feels a certain uplifting even during the times when I was down. It no longer plummets all the way.

So I guess a fire extinguisher is out, though at times it is indeed tempting to simply grab it and douse out my path of fire.

4 comments:

  1. Hope you are getting better now. Sometime we may not know why we have to suffer through all the problems, but God has never leave us and He has His perfect will in every situation because He is 'ALIVE TODAY'. HIS promises is 'alive' today, HIS presence is 'alive' today and His righteous is 'alive' today. The answer that came into your mind shows that God is always 'alive' and lives in you today, so blessed important you are. Where problems comes, grace increased all the more and you will experience more depth of God's love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just listening to Ps.Vincent msg, Fire will test the quality of each man's work! I feel for you for going through so much for the Kingdom. I am praying for you. After you have suffered awhile, He himself will make you strong and steadfast. You will come out as pure Gold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen, u will do very impt ministry for the Lord. When the Lord tests a person like that, there can be nothing else, but becoz that person will influence many pple with the gospel he/she has.
    Dun lose hold of this hope, God already given u a sign thru the Covenant of our Lord Jesus: "All people/nations will be blessed thru u."

    Each time yr health fail again, pray with conviction: "Lord, as you have promised, prepare more souls for me to save and heal!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll try to do that, Pastor Vincent. But at times when I feel really weak, I don't even have the strength to talk to God. I simply told God I'll talk to Him the next day and went straight to sleep.

    Thanks, Li Wen and Bee Gaik.

    ReplyDelete